I’m currently 37 weeks pregnant and thought it was about time I sorted out my bag for the hospital. (I’m sure I had it packed at about 32 weeks with Little Knight!) I’m just taking a little pull along hand luggage case which I’m sure I used last time. The wheels meant I could pull the case along comfortably when we left the hospital so Mr Knight could carry the baby.
If you think I’m missing something or have any other ideas then PLEASE let me know!
Firstly, stuff for me:
- Breast pads. I obviously won’t take all 80, my milk probably won’t come in whilst I’m in hospital anyway but they made me feel much more comfortable last time.
- Maternity pads.
- Magicool spray. I found Mr Knight spraying me in the face really refreshing during the intense part of labour.
- Huge, dark pants. The sort that come up really high incase I need another caesarean.
- Nursing bra.
- Nursing vest top.
- Maternity nightie. I wore this last time and it’s perfect for hospital, the button down front makes breastfeeding easy too.
- A large, dark towel.
- Tangle teezer, hair band and hair clip.
- Face wipes. I bought all of my toiletries from the holiday miniatures section so this pack only contains 7 wipes which is perfect as I never use them in everyday life.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Lip balm. The gas and air really dried my mouth out last time.
- Make up. If I don’t want to use them, that’s obviously fine but I think it’s nice to have the option. I just packed a mini mascara, a concealer and a BB cream.
- A large mirror.
- Instax Polaroid camera. To capture those first magic moments!
- A nice pair of pjs. My lovely mama bought me these and made sure they were dark in colour and had a button down top for breastfeeding. I just think you feel so vile post birth that you want to have something nice to wear.
I’ll also throw in some of the big bottles of Lucozade Sport. I had them last time and they helped keep my energy up, they come in a sports cap so I could drink whilst lying down and I kept being sick when I drank water as I had an empty stomach.
Stuff for the baby:
- Cotton wool. I like to use the pads for nappy changes and the balls for everything else.
- Lasinoh nipple cream. This should probably be in with my stuff but essential regardless.
- 3x large Muslin cloths.
- 2x wrap vests. I love these as you don’t have to pull them over the baby’s head and they just Velcro shut.
- 2x long sleeved vests. These are for leaving hospital as it’ll be FREEZING. Poor baba!
- 4x sleepsuits. 2 in newborn size and 2 in 0-3 months. Just incase they are right and the baby is huge! (The duck one was the first outfit Little Knight ever wore so I’m hoping it fits!)
- A hat.
- A blanket.
- A thick ‘coat’ sleepsuit.
We don’t know what gender the baby is so everything is white, grey and mint coloured.
I’ll also put a clean t shirt and snacks in for Mr Knight since he might be there for the long haul! There are also last minute things to put in, like my hospital notes and phone chargers but obviously I’ll need those beforehand.
And of course the car seat will be in the car ready!
I’ve also packed a bag for Little Knight to take to Nanny and Grandpa’s with plenty of pjs, clothes, nappies etc etc. They have plenty of toys and books there so she doesn’t need very much.
I hope this is a bit useful if you’re about to pack your bag or know someone who is. Again, please let me know if you can think of anything else that I might need.
Thanks for reading,
Knight Mummy x