I know. I KNOW. I sort of forgot I had this too. I completely lost my confidence with the blog, everything I wrote I just left sitting in my drafts until I just felt like I had nothing to say. I’ll try to do a whole dedicated post about that (maybe then I won’t leave it another 6 months before I press publish again…) but for now, I thought I’d ease myself back in with a light, easy post.
We are on holiday countdown! My sister in law is getting married in Croatia next month and we are all so excited. I mean, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit apprehensive about travelling with a nearly-5 and 2 year old BUT I know it’ll be worth it.
I always find posts and videos like this really helpful so this is what I’m packing in the kid’s hand luggage
to survive the flight to entertain them.
- Travel wipes.
- Lots of ‘not too messy’ snacks.
- Empty bottles that will be filled with water when we’re through security.
- Will add lollipops for when we descend.
- One of Big Knight’s favourite small teddies.
- A dummy for Little Knight.
- I bought these travel blankets from Matalan and I’m so impressed with them! They are really snuggly, a good size for children but squash up quite small and come in their own little carry bag.
- Portable DVD player. We never go away without it, also useful for when we go out to eat when we’re away and you can’t rely on WiFi.
- We will also download games and episodes of their favourite shows onto our phones because OBVIOUSLY THEY CAN’T BE EXPECTED TO ACTUALLY SHARE.
Almost-5 year old
- I bought these Carddies from Amazon, they had loads of different kinds, I thought these would keep her busy for ages as she has to colour in the characters and the ballet studio and then she can play with them. A lovely idea from a lovely little company!
- You just cannot go wrong with Usborne sticker books. She’ll have the big one on the plane, and it really is huge, and the smaller one for the wedding or flight home.
- Notebook to practise writing. She’s obviously at school now so really into doing her letters and drawing us pictures.
- Will also pack a couple of small reading books that I will ask her to choose. These will also double up as her bedtime stories when we’re away.
2 year old
- They will probably both really enjoy the card game. The eldest will be able to play snap or matching pairs and then the youngest will just enjoy the Peppa characters.
- Another Usborne sticker book but much simpler. I’m not sure if he’s a little young still for this but I’m hoping at the very least it’ll stop him stealing his sister’s stickers and he does like to copy her.
- Small Peppa books. He likes pointing out all of the characters and putting them in and out the box, very VERY occasionally he does actually let us read them too!
- A noisy book. I know this might seem annoying on a plane but I thought they are really noisy anyway so you’ll hardly hear a little book. Plus, surely the sound of a small train on repeat is better than a whinging toddler?! I know what I’d choose.
Please let me know if you have any other ideas or if you think I’m forgetting something. If all else fails, I will be singing wheels on the bus for three whole hours so that will be lovely for everyone. Cocktail on arrival?
Thanks for reading. X