A child-free stroll through Boots is my idea of bliss. My dressing table is heaving with beauty junk and I’m always have my radar looking for what’s new. That said, I’m now a busy mum of two so I have much less time to ponce about in front of the mirror so I need products that are easy to use and work hard. I did a beauty and skincare favourites post a couple of years ago and I’ve had a few people request an update so I thought I’d share a few of my current hero products with you.
- No 7 Radiant Results Nourishing Cleansing Balm. This stuff feels so luxurious and smells lovely. It melts away all of my make up with ease and I really think my skin looks brighter since I’ve been using this.
- Benefit Rockateur blusher. Admittedly it doesn’t look very exciting in the box but it is the absolute perfect colour for me. I use it everyday and it works with any look. I’ve tried a few other blushers since but I always gravitate back to this one.
- Schwarzkopf got2b glued hairspray. I’ve been using this for years and years now and I just won’t buy anything else. I spray it on my curls and they last until I wash my hair again (… which is often nearly a week!) I also use it in my daughter’s hair when she has her ballet class and it keeps her wild curls contained in a bun whilst she’s dancing, which is remarkable really!
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar duo. This little pair have not only cleared up my skin but also faded the scarring I had from past break outs so it’s a complete winner with me. It’s not the cheapest skincare out there but if you keep on eye on their website they often have discount codes on.
- Paradise Extatic waterproof mascara. This is a complete dupe for the Two Faced Better Than Sex mascara but half the price. I love it!
- L’Oréal Hydra Genius aloe water. This is the lightest moisturiser I’ve ever used and perfect for the summer months. It absorbs really quickly but still stops my skin from feeling tight for the whole day.
- Garner Skin Active BB cream + blur. I don’t have very long to put my make up on in the morning so this is perfect for me. I just apply a thin layer with my fingers and it blends it easily and smooths over my skin covering up any scarring or redness whilst not being so thick and cakey that you can’t see my skin beneath it. Ticks all the boxes for me.
I could go on forever but these are just my current ‘must haves’ that I always repurchase. Please let me know your top beauty products or quick tricks! I’m particulary in the market for a so-easy-an-idiot-could-use-it fake tan so that my ghost legs can match the rest of my body so please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks for reading,
Knight Mummy x