Everything is just so much better when the sun is shining, isn’t it? Even early mornings don’t seem quite so painful when sunshine is beaming in and you know that you can spend the day out in the fresh air.
It’s only May so we should have a good few months of nice days to look forward to so I thought that I would share a few of my summer essentials!
- Jumbo chalk. What’s more fun than colouring all over the garden? I also find it a good opportunity to practise colours, counting and shapes… when she decides that she’s in the mood, of course.
- Play shoes. The only criteria for these are that they are super cheap! Little feet grow so quickly and we always seem to be spending a fortune on new shoes so I don’t want to see them wrecked in the garden within 2 days. Little Knight’s play shoes are perfect (see above photo) as they are waterproof, pretty durable, easy and quick to get on and off and £2.50 from Primark.
- Childs Farm sun cream. Obviously whatever sun protection suits your child is fine but we find a lot of other brands aggravate her eczema. We like the Child’s Farm shampoo and conditioner so thought it would be a good option and so far so good. They also do a coconut after sun which smells INCREDIBLE.
- Water toys. Considering Little Knight hates baths, she LOVES water play, especially now she’s been shown the outdoor tap, (cheers Mr Knight!) She has some small plastic watering cans and a bucket and spade which provide entertainment and a cool down. We are also trying a spot of gardening this year! Little Knight planted tomatoes, sweet peas, strawberries, sunflowers and some lavender with her Grandpa so it’s great that she can now join in.
- The Body Shop Instablur All-in-one 5-action Perfector. Obviously this isn’t for Little Knight, but I find it the only way to keep any make up on my face, especially in the sun. If this is something that you struggle with then I definitely recommend it. It’s a clear gel primer that I pop on after my moisturiser and before my BB cream or foundation.
- Magicool spray. I first discovered this when I was pregnant and I’ve loved ever since. It’s so handy to have around, I have a big can by my bed and a travel size in my changing bag. It is literally just a cooling mist but it’s so useful. I like to use it if we’re stuck in a hot car or if Little Knight gets worked up and gets too hot for example, its great to have to hand for a super quick cool down.
What are your summer essentials? Please add anything that you love or think I may have missed!
You can guarantee now I’ve posted this that the Sun will be gone forever. Sorry about that.
Thanks for reading,
Knight Mummy x