A new year always seems the best time to have a ‘fresh start’and set some goals to try to improve yourself over the coming 12 months.
I have fallen into the trap many times where I set lots of vague and practically impossible resolutions which I inevitably fail at and then feel a bit rubbish. ‘I will lose weight’ is the classic. A more realistic and achievable goal would be to lose X number of pounds over a certain time period, which last year I did and felt great.
This year I’m trying to think realistically so here are the resolutions that I’m setting myself for 2016.
- Learn to drive. If I carry on the way I have been this will be a definite possibility later in the year.
- Change my PayPal name. I’ve been married for 3 and a half years but my account is still in my maiden name. It’s been on my to-do list for a while!
- Read 5 books. I know that seems very little in a year but I haven’t managed to read a single book since I was pregnant and I used to love it so much.
- Get to the gym twice a week. Again, I was achieving this last year and really enjoyed the me-time. Then Christmas happened and I swapped gym sessions for nights in eating cheese and chutney.
- When I was thinking about my parenting style and how I could improve it I had a lot of ideas including less TV time, more craft activities, more home cooked meals etc etc. until I had basically picked apart our whole day. I’m currently writing this whilst in soft play, Mr Knight and I take it in turns to run around with Little Knight and it’s my turn to have a breather. She has just flown past me and is having such a good time running Daddy’s legs off. She is a healthy, safe and happy little girl. So my last resolution is to cut myself some slack and accept that I’m doing the best I can. Some days this is better than others but that’s the way life is.
Do you bother with resolutions? What are your goals for the year?
Thanks for reading,
Knight Mummy x